Nov 30, 2021

Shadowed Eden by Katie Clark (Free edition from Editor)


Language: English
Format: PDF
pages: 296
Genre: YA, Christian Fiction
Rating: 3⭐


I received this book from the editor for free with the program Bookstagrammers.com

This is a Christian Fiction and so my first book under that genre too... but it end up been more mystery and I got a good feeling from the description.

It wasn't what I expected from but it was an interesting read. However it didn't was a WOW read at all.

The beginning was promising and the way they try to understand how they ended there was also a very good point BUT after a couple of trips into the jungle I found that the action was simply not there and that it was a repeating from the last time they got inside! 
I mean they go there a lot to find the lost girls and water but nothing happens.... it's a damn forest! We only see 1 monkey inside the forest and snakes attacking the camp and Avery se beetles everywhere....
Every trip was really only for search, no real interaction between Luca and Avery even if he really want to talk with her about them.

A point that was a minus for me was the lack of information about the past of the characters. We know for sure Luca and Avery lost someone important and each one is or was in a different stage of grave but we really don't know for example why everyone label Avery as "crazy" and don't talk to her or why Benny act like that way or the backstory of June regarding cancer.... I was really hoping to know more about Benny for example but it didn't happens... 

Also I noticed that God was missing in this all story! Ok we have prayers and songs but never he appear in the story! Rae is definitely an angel in guard of Eden and Rafa is the devil but apart of that... No God.... And for me it was very strange since it's all around his biggest creation 

But in general is was a good book... 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment