Feb 23, 2022

A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs

 


Language: English

Format: Paperback

Pages: 480

Genre: YA fantasy, mystery

Rating: 3


The first three novels in the series introduced Jacob Portman and the world of the peculiars - and saw that world threatened by, and spared from, destruction by a hostile splinter faction and their monstrous servants. Now, in a thrilling new story arc, Jacob's adventure continues as Ransom Riggs reveals even more secrets of the peculiar world, set against the rich landscapes of American history.


Don't think its a bad story or the book is less importante than the previous 3 but I feel I was turning in circles all the way after they got the mission and also I got a lot of points that was just making a lot of WTF in my head:


1 - Why they lied to peculiares about Caul?

2 - Why if feels ok to send a kid (Jacob) to a suicide mission?

3 - Why it look like all peculiares are trying to kill each other in America

4 - Why we have no information about why America is like that?


I was expecting something more like the 3rd book but got disappointed...


Hope next 2 books get me impressed

No comments:

Post a Comment