Dec 23, 2021

A Corpse For Christmas by Rena Leith


 

Language: English

Format: PDF

Pages: 184

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4


"Cass Peake's web design company accepts a job to bolster the local college's efforts in attracting new students. With the winter break, she and her colleagues expect a very quiet campus. What they don't anticipate is the reunion of a strange secret society called The Black Triangle Club on the grounds… and a dead body. Then corpses start piling up like gifts under a Christmas tree. Coincidence or not?

With the help of her ghostly friend Doris and other allies, Cass works frantically to uncover the real killer. But it might take a real holiday miracle to solve this Yuletide mystery."


This book have mystery, Christmas vibe and it was easy to read and to understand even if its the book 3... 

Since I was focused in not 1 but 3 murders, I simply ignored the fact that Cass have a past that maybe make more sense if I've read the previous books.

I wasn't excepting that resolution of the case but seems logical even if my expression was a total chock. I mean wealthy people usually can get away from a lot of problems.... but it was how easy is to claim something not totally true that made my rating go to 4. The resolution of how the murderer will be convicted just drop my expectations but it make sense at the end. (let's be open mind)

My list of suspects was quite... little. (at first it was 2, pass to 1 and comes back to 2 but with a feeling that THAT character was the one!) So I was happy with myself as soon as the murdered was found and was the one I suspected!

I liked more Doris than the rest of the characters. Probably because she is a ghost, she can change outfit and go outside with Thor (the big cat that Cass have). But also because she is very credible and a comfort. (can't denied that I though she was really done in some point 😔)

Special thank to Bookstagrammers.com Program and Cameron to provide me the possibility to read a Cozy book :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This is the way of helping people I like it, keep going on and thanks for sharing this useful stuff with us. I like to visit here again for further information. Check out our post and give your precious suggestions;
    AliBaba Company
    Apps Like Airbnb

    ReplyDelete