Apr 28, 2022

The Gunslinger by Stephen King (The Dark Tower #1)


Language: French

Format: Paperback

Pages: 378

Genre: fantasy, horror

Rating: 4


 "A #1 national bestseller, The Gunslinger introduces readers to one of Stephen King’s most powerful creations, Roland of Gilead: The Last Gunslinger. He is a haunting figure, a loner on a spellbinding journey into good and evil. In his desolate world, which mirrors our own in frightening ways, Roland tracks The Man in Black, encounters an enticing woman named Alice, and begins a friendship with the boy from New York named Jake."


This book is basically an introduction to this world and to Roland role here. 

The book is full of details and time to time you travel to the past. It makes a total sense to better understand the present story. 

Roland follow his way to find the Man in Black and during his journey i found Jake, a little boy that claims to not be from this land but another one. 

Jake follow Roland knowing that something will happens and until the very last minute i believed that this kid will be present in all books but no.... 

Even if I wanted to know more about some parts it was only for curiosity since the plot line was very complete. 

I was thinking to end this book in 2 days but it took me more due the details of everything!

Again I found necessary to tab this book and I think I'm getting better at it! 

Also this book have a little story that show a part of Roland's route until when this book start. 

I didn't saw the movie but will do it as soon as I end the serie!


No comments:

Post a Comment